Wireless Telecommunications Technician
Location: Edwardsville, IL
# of openings: 1
WIRELESS TELECOMMUNICATION TECHNICIAN
* Identification / disposition of de-installed and returned UMTS and LTE Ericsson and Alcatel Lucent Network telecommunication equipment.
* Refurbishment of UMTS and LTE Network Equipment.
* Ericsson Element Manager and / or Alcatel Lucent Job Aid RMT software testing.
* Identifying and troubleshooting Network System performance issues
* Provide assistance in developing processes and leading technical effort.
* Coordinate and execute customer driven demand projects and / or requests
* Participate in Lab Services research and development to increase business opportunities.
* Proactively identify and eliminate network equipment demand/supply gaps
* Interfaces with customers
* Achieves internal and external goals by coordinating with Inventory Control, Quality, Purchasing, Manufacturing and Contract Administration.
* Understands TL9000 and ISO9000 requirements
* Complies with and promotes safety guidelines
* Promotes a clean and organized warehouse operation
* Adheres to all company human resources, quality, and operational
* Minimum 3 years experience as a technician in the wireless industry with working knowledge of UMTS and LTE Ericsson / Alcatel Lucent equipment.
* Minimum 2 years installation of Network / Telecommunication / Wireless Equipment and working knowledge of industry standards.
* Strong understanding of RF (radio frequency) theory and RF design
* Ability to perform tests with various testing equipment such as Racal machines, Signal Analyzers, Site Masters, etc.
* Network / Telecommunication engineering background preferred
* Minimum 2 years integration/configuration/commissioning experience
* Minimum of 2 Network/Testing Equipment Certifications.
* Strong knowledge of DC and AC circuitry
* Ability to troubleshoot highly complex network / telecommunication / wireless UMTS and LTE Ericsson and Alcatel Lucent equipment problems.
* ESD (Electrostatic Discharge): Knowledge of Handling ESD Protected Material
* ESD course and test – WWT provided
* Safety Training – WWT provided
* PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
* Hazardous Communication
* MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets)
* Lockout/Tagout for Affected Personal