Location: St. Louis, MO - HQ
Department: Information Technology
# of openings: 1
World Wide Technology, Inc. is currently seeking a Senior EDI Developer to help develop, analyze, and maintain our EDI integrations and architecture. The developer will work closely with business analysts, our trading partners and the rest of the development team on all phases of the software development lifecycle. The successful candidate will have at least 5 years of programming experience working with EDI, and will have a proficiency in multiple EDI transaction types and EDI transmission methods.
* Day to day support and maintenance of existing EDI integrations
* Implement new EDI integrations, and support changes to existing integrations.
* Identify areas of concern and improvement opportunities in current EDI infrastructure.
* Develop EDI best practices and standards.
* Assist in the design and development of new transaction types through EDI.
* Communicate effectively to both WWT business analysts and trading partners.
* Mentor other developers on the team on EDI concepts and best practices.
* Subject matter expert for the webMethods EDI module.
* Be able to juggle multiple projects and thrive in a fast paced environment.
* Excellent interpersonal, analytical and communication skills are required.
* Expert knowledge in EDI ANSI X12 e-business transactions (850, 855, 810, 856) is required.
* Proficient knowledge in EDI transmission methods (AS2, SFTP, FTPS) is required.
* Experience using other EDI standards (such as EDIFACT) is desired.
* Experience developing within the webMethods Integration Server is desired.
* Programming experience in Java, or a similar object oriented language is required.
* Programming experience in a database programming language (such as Oracle PL/SQL) is desired.