Senior Application Data Modeler / Architect
Location: St. Louis, MO - HQ
Department: Information Technology
# of openings: 1
World Wide Technology, Inc., currently has an opportunity available for a Senior Application Data Modeler within the IT Department. WWT specializes in providing high-tech solutions and services which enable companies to better share, distribute, organize, and analyze information.
* Participates in the design and implementation of database designs for OLTP and OLAP application systems.
* Collaborates with application development teams to design and implement logical and physical database models that adhere to enterprise standards while conforming to the application needs.
* Acts as the arbiter over the structure and contents of critical databases, establishing and enforcing rules, standards and guidelines.
* Performs Metadata Management through establishing and maintaining database dictionaries, standards and procedures, and integration of systems through database design.
* In conjunction with application developers and the DBA team, implements database objects (tables, indexes, procedures, functions, etc.) based on approved data models.
* Oversees the proper distribution and controlled replication of data across the enterprise.
* Ensures adequate security safeguards are in place to control access to all databases.
* Participates in application tuning and performance monitoring.
* Implements data design enhancements and structure changes.
* Coordinates changes with other areas within IT.
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field; or, an equivalent combination of education and relevant business experience.
* Minimum of five years of experience in application database design and administration.
* Experienced in the administration of Oracle relational databases and possesses deep coding experience with SQL & PL/SQL.
* Knowledge of application database design and how application systems interface within a services architecture.
* Understanding of financial business processes and how technology can enhance and improve these processes. Oracle EBS experience a plus.
* Ability and desire to expand knowledge of WWT’s business and business entities as they relate to designing application databases.
* Knowledge of the use of data and process modeling methodologies and tools. Experienced in code migration, database change management, and data management through the various stages of the development lifecycle.
* Experience with integration of data between internal and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) systems is a plus.
* Possesses a sound knowledge of and experience in both database and application tuning.
* Has the ability to devise new procedures, implement enhanced data administration techniques, and implement improvements to existing database applications.
* Experienced with Agile Development methodologies and working with a Scrum team.
* Ability to maintain relationships with customers (business, other IT areas) and to concurrently handle multiple projects and deadlines.
* Highly effective analytical, decision-making, and written/verbal communication skills.
* Ability to investigate complex business problems, develop effective recommendations, negotiate and/or present solutions, and resolve problems in a highly professional and tactful manner.
* Highly organized and self-motivated.