World Wide Technology Senior Data Warehouse Developer in St. Louis Missouri United States
Senior Data Warehouse Developer Location: St. Louis, MO - HQ Department: Information Technology
of openings: 1
Senior Data Warehouse Developer
World Wide Technology (WWT) is a global systems integrator and supply chain solutions provider that brings an innovative and proven approach to how organizations around the world evaluate, architect and implement technology.
Based in St. Louis, WWT works closely with industry leaders such as Cisco, HP, EMC, NetApp, Citrix, VMware and Dell, focusing on three market segments: Fortune 500 companies, Service Providers and the Federal Government. WWT employs over 2,500 people and operates more than 1.5 million square feet of state-of-the-art warehousing, distribution and integration space strategically located throughout the U.S. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE “100 Best Places to Work For®” list for the past three years. We are looking for smart, passionate IT professionals. World Wide Technology (WWT) Data Warehouse developers work in a very dynamic and challenging environment designing and implementing our Enterprise Data Warehouse. There are no skill silos here. Our developers utilize a broad range of technical skills towards the continued build-out of our enterprise data warehouse. Looking for an opportunity to break out of a strictly development role and want an opportunity to actually understand the business process driving requirements? Look no further. WWT Data Warehouse developers are encouraged and provided opportunities to expand their functional knowledge by participating in design and requirements discussions
As a member of our Data Warehouse team you will:
- Be equal member of a cohesive and selfless team.
- Take complete ownership of your data warehouse development solutions with the goal of exceeding customer expectations.
- Work closely with data warehouse analysts and data architects to ensure ETL development meets requirements and delivers optimal performance.
- Based upon business requirements, develop Fact and Dimension tables and supporting ETL processes, as well as innovative solutions to complicated data issues which enhance traditional star-schema data structures.
- Debug any issues in production environment and be part of the Data Warehousing production support team.
- Work in an agile team - plan, prioritize, design, test and coordinate end to end delivery of ETL solutions.At World Wide Technology, we believe in empowering people. If you seek a position that breaks the traditional developer role; a position that offers you the opportunity to help build an Enterprise Data Warehouse from the ground up; a position that will challenge and expand your skill set, then our team may be the place for you. Qualified applicants will:
- Have BS/BA degree with 4 years data warehousing experience.
- Have extensive experience in Oracle database.
- Have working experience with dimensional models (star-schema).
- Have excellent SQL skills with PL/SQL development experience.
- Have hands-on development experience using an ETL tool; Oracle Data Integrator preferred.
- Have strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Be able to work on above and beyond technical and process initiatives.
- Be open to new technologies, industry trends and ability to adopt latest design methodologies.
- Have strong debugging skills for production support
- Embrace the WWT culture and values. World Wide Technology, Inc. offers excellent benefits and competitive compensation. Visit our company web page at www.wwt.com for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities, Women, Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities