Consulting Solutions Architect - VA - DC
Location: Washington, DC
Department: Federal Sales
# of openings: 1
Presales Data Center Technical Architect
World Wide Technology, Inc. currently has a Technical Architect position available on the Federal Sales VA Team. This senior level resource will be responsible for the translation of our customer’s storage, server, virtualization, and data center business requirements into specific product solutions and/or service proposals. Working in conjunction with Inside Sales, other Pre-Sales engineers and Business Development team members this technical Pre-Sales architect leverages appropriate WWT offerings and expertise to best address the customer needs with a cost effective solution and the best possible benefit to WWT.
World Wide Technology, Inc. (WWT) is a leading Systems Integrator and Value Added Reseller providing technology products, services, and supply chain solutions to customers around the globe. WWT’s proven processes span the technology implementation lifecycle as we provide customers with advanced technology solutions, such as Unified Communications, Security, Data Center, Wireless Mobility and eCommerce. Based in St. Louis, MO, WWT works closely with industry leaders, focusing on three market segments; Fortune 500 companies, Service Providers and the Federal Government. The company is also one of the world’s largest Cisco Gold resellers, and was recognized as Cisco’s North American Partner of the Year. Other Strategic OEM Partnerships include; HP, Dell, NetApp, EMC, Citrix, VMware and Sun. WWT employs over 1,800 people, and operates more than 1.3 million square feet of state-of-the-art warehousing, distribution and integration space strategically located throughout the US. In recent news, WWT is proud to announce that it has been named#24 on the 2012 FORTUNE “100 Best Places to Work For®” list.
* Aligns with WWT Outside Sales team to represent WWT’s Data Center (Storage, Servers, Virtualization, Backups, Fabric, IT Facilities, etc.) expertise to all assigned accounts.
* Uses knowledge of technology, products and services to build Data Center solutions (and solution options) for the customer.
* Works with clients and WWT Outside Sales team to obtain technical priorities, challenges, and initiatives that can be translated into WWT Data Center opportunities.
* Ensures effective coordination and support between account teams and supporting post sale technical resources.
* Responsible for the coordination, delivery, and quality of presales technology solution deliverables within the domain of the opportunity that may include items such as configurations, architectural diagrams, and proposals.
* Leads in managing and reporting all assigned accounts Data Center opportunities.
* Manages and achieves a Data Center gross profit number.
* Develops and fosters relationships with strategic original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and key data center partners who are local to your region and/or territory.
* Assists in statement of work review and development.
* Responsible for designing and proposing Data Center technology solutions that meet customer's needs.
* Ensures that proposed solutions, when implemented, meet the needs and functional requirements of the customer.
* Assists with accounts within assigned geography.
* Works closely with WWT Outside Sales to prioritize requests.
* Performs other duties as required.
* Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
* Minimum 5 years of technical enterprise pre-sales experience with a focus on solution sales highly desired.
* Previous technical pre-sales experience into Federal DoD and/or Air Force accounts highly desired
* Excellent presentation skills and technical sales skills.
* Must have passion driving storage/server/virtualization solution strategies.
* Strong personality with leadership skills working in a complex matrix organization.
* Strong presence and credibility to be proven at client site and internally.
* Consultative solution selling skillset
* Knowledge of the technical aspects of storage, server, backup and virtualization hardware, software and architecture(s).
* EMC, NetApp, HP TSG and VMware experience and certifications highly desired.
* Other SAN, Server and Backup/Recovery certifications are highly desired.
* Government security clearance highly desired, but not required
* Self-driven, business minded, goal orientated, willing to travel at times up to 50%
To learn more about WWT, our culture, and technical capabilities please visit wwt.com or our blog at wwt.com/united